Dec 12 | 2014
Other EpisodesSteve Klabnik
- What is the observer pattern and how is it implemented?
- Is the observer pattern a way to avoid dependency injection?
- What are the big plusses for the observer pattern?
- Is it generally best implemented as a mixin using a module in Ruby?
- When is it a good idea to make use of the observer pattern?
- Can you name a few projects / technologies that make obvious use of the observer pattern?
- Can you explain two way bindings for beginners?
- Any notable downsides of using the observer pattern?
- Is it important to use a common naming scheme implementing a design pattern?
- When should one consider writing your own implementation of this pattern? ( Instead of using the module Observable in Ruby )
Software design pattern on Wikipedia
Module Observable ( With code example -> Ruby )
Two way binding
Excellent book: Design Patterns in Ruby
Steve Klabnik on Twitter
Steve Klabnik on GitHub
Steve Klabnik’s blog